Use the guide below to find the right infusion set for your treatment.
Always consult your healthcare professional before changing your infusion set and when using the infusion set for the first time.
Use an insertion pad to practice the insertion technique and familiarize yourself with the product before use.
Watch the instruction videos (found above).
Consider using an infusion set with automatic aid for insertion, for instance the neria™ guard.
You may have hit a nerve or muscle. Remove the infusion set and insert a new infusion set at a different site. Make sure that the site you use has sufficient fatty tissue (you can pinch an inch of skin).
Check the site of the infusion set on your body. Is the infusion set inserted correctly? Is anything, for instance clothing, interfering with the infusion set or site?
Choose a different site for your infusion set and seek advice on how to insert the infusion set correctly.
Consider choosing another catheter material and/or catheter length.
Remove the infusion set and insert a new set at a different site.
Remember to massage the adhesive on to the skin.
Reasons for why the adhesive is not sticking:
- Excessive sweating, for instance during sports
- Warm and humid environments and hot summer weather
- Increased activity levels
- Insertion site may be oily, have perfume or lotion, or is not dry and clean
Many factors can influence the condition of your skin. To minimize skin complications, consider:
- cleaning the skin and your hands more thoroughly prior to insertion
- using more areas for insertion, for instance the lower back and thighs
- using a rotation pattern to avoid re-using the same site
- avoiding sites that already have site irritation or nodules
- using a site that does not interfere with clothing, belts etc
- massaging the infusion site prior to insertion
- changing the catheter material (from steel to soft), length or insertion technique.
Gently lift the adhesive around the edges and pull the needle or cannula straight out. Be careful not to bend the needle.
Site Rotation pattern
Chose a new site on your body for each insertion. Place the new infusion set approximately 5 cm from the previous site and 5 cm from the navel.